Sunday, July 26, 2009

Transfers results..., branch activity, tearful language study :)

Sunrise in Cagliari. Hard to hate your life when there's beautiful moments like this.
We went with the Elders to study on a really high park so we could watch the sunrise. Do I look ravaged by wolves to anyone else??

My first view of Cagliari from when I stepped off the boat.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well first of all let me start off by apologizing for my previous letter. I haven't gone back to look at it but I can only imagine how spazzy and spacey it sounded. Especially since....transfers....nothing changed. ha ha Yup, I'm STILL here in Cagliari and Sorella Bjarnason and I are doing a third transfer together. ha ha I honestly didn't think that we'd do three transfers but alas, here we be. So when we finally found out on Wednesday, everything was fine...except for the fact that I think I almost gave myself an ulcer. ha ha Most anti-climactic transfers? Yup. ha ha It's good though. Sorella Bjarnason and I have set some really great goals and it's going to be a great, nay, slamming transfer. So to the goods: We had a branch activity on Saturday and it was so much fun! We went up into the mountains and gathered around a little spring and had a spiritual thought and then did like tug-of-war, jump rope, and Frisbee. It was a good time. We were a little misinformed as far as the whole "location" thing worked out and I officially looked like a git, clomping around in my awkward, frumpy, 3-inch Sister Missionary Mall shoes in the mountainous terrain. Best of times! I will be better prepared next time. But, until then, I probably won't cease to be amused by the little things that make my missionary life wonderful but oh-so awkward. Love it! It was a great activity. it was fun to get to know the members better and I think it really helped us to have a better relationship. I had one of those movie moments. Like, if you've seen While You Were Sleeping, then you'll follow me. You know the part when it's Christmas time and they gave Lucy a present and there's just music playing while it shows her watching the Callaghan family and you can just tell that she's just soaking everything in. Yeah, that's what happened at this activity. I just watched Fratello Ances playing Frisbee with my companion and Sabbrina; Pier Luigi and Fratello Floris doing the jump rope for the little kids; and the members calling Anziano Pace to get the ball out of the tree because he's so tall. It was just a moment that I just stepped back and thought, "Yup, it's official: I love my life and love all of you guys." I love moments like that.We did some more house yesterday and it was looking a bit discouraging. Either nobody was home, or they weren't super nice. In fact, there was one old lady that I was talking to and she was pretty harsh. She was just so impatient and short and I guess it just shocked me because she seemed like she'd be a sweet old lady. What's the deal? I remember after that door just thinking, "Alright, one of two things is going to happen: Either this day is going to wreak, or something great's going to happen." Well the thing that I love, is every time I have that thought, it's a couple of doors later that we find someone. That's pretty much happened before we found Sergio. So a couple of doors later we met a girl named Elica. She's young too. Probably like my age. But we're going back tomorrow to see her. I just love that when we really try and refuse to give up, that it's THEN that we see the fruits and the progress. It's so rad.English class was last night and so much fun. We just have so many characters that come to English class. It's one of the many moments in my life that I wish were on film. I really need to take some pictures at English class so that you can get a feel for what my Tuesday nights 7:15-8:15 consists of. It's a joy! I gave the spiritual thought and then end of the class and just read the last 2 or 3 paragraphs of one of President Monson's talks. BY-THE-WAY, for part of language study I read President Monson's talk and...okay, so whenever I read talks...I read out loud. It just helps me be able to hear how I'm talking and where I'm messing up...anyway, so I'm reading this talk and it's the story about the woman that has to bury like 4 of her children. So...I'm sitting in the living room, reading out loud and every time one of these kids die, my voice gets a little shaky and I'm like, "Well oh dear, what's this? I'm not going to cry right?" ha ha and by the fourth one...I was almost done for. My poor companion, when she came out of language study and I'm sitting on the couch, reading a talk in Italian out loud, and trying not to fall apart at the seams! ha ha I can only imagine how hilarious it looked. ha ha But, it is a good talk if you wanna give it a look.Things are going great here. I'm happy and excited to still be here for another 6 weeks (hopefully more!). I keep learning and find things everyday that make me laugh and learn and love. I hope you're all healthy and happy and loving everything about your beautiful lives. There's a missionary in Sardegna that's sending lots of love your way. Sorella Hansen

No comments: