Thursday, November 12, 2009

Mirium, Acevedo Fam, Florence‏

On Thursday I got to go back to Roma! I needed to pick up my permesso di soggiorno. Er...don't know what you call it in English. It's just the cool little legit card that makes it legal for me to live here. So...that. It was really cool to be able to go back to Rome and specifically the area where I started the mission. On the way home we were sitting across from a woman on the train that we started talking to and she was a delight. She speaks Italian, English, and French....so...I think we're going to be the best of friends. ha ha She wanted to practice speaking French with me but I assured her Italian is better at this point and I'll fix my French when I get home. haha Anyway I got her number and hopefully when she comes into town this weekend we'll get to meet with her. She's adorable. So hopefully next week I'll have a fantabulous update on Daniella. :)We had another appointment with Mirium. So far she hasn't been able to come to church because she works. But she has this Sunday off so she should be coming. I'm so excited! I love when investigators can make it to church because it's an amazing spirit and it really helps them to start making progress when they come to church and start keeping commitments. ALSO, she showed us how to make filled cabbage. Is that what you call it in english? It was kind of ...not disgusting. I sat there with my paper and quill writing everything because it was a delight.We had a lesson with the Acevedo family last night. We planned this lesson that is...quite different. The last lesson that we were there ended in a bit of contention and the couple kind of started fighting and pointing out each others faults to us. Yeah, it was awkward and sad. So for our lesson we brought a CD player and music and had it playing in the background and we had printed in a huge font the things that we wanted to teach. It was really cool. We had some quotes from prophets on contention and took some quotes from "Beware of Pride" from Ezra Taft Benson. Then after the 15 or so papers that we were flipping for them to read, we gave them their own paper that had more quotes from "Beware of Pride" and also they had their own quote from Elder Holland that talked about being nice to your spouses...but in Elder Hollands way of expressing it. :) The last paper had questions like, "What are some things I could do to help bring more happiness into the home?" and "What are some things that I love about Leo?"--that was on her paper. Anyway at the end we talked for a couple of minutes and bore testimony on the importance of seeing the good in other people and looking inside ourselves to improve. It was cool.Well we're going to Florence today for P-day and then there's a conference for the women. Sister Cook and Sister Thompson from the General Relief Society Presidency are here to talk to the sisters. It should be pretty bizzangin. Welp, have a dandy day and a wonderful week. Lots of Italian love, Sorella Hansen

No comments: