Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Zone Conference, Ramblings of Staying Strong, Christmas Tree Joke‏

BUONGIORNO!! How have y'all been doing this delightful week in December?! P.S. How completely bizarre is it that it's already December?! I am officially weirded out by the idea personally.We had Zone Conference in Florence this week and it went really well. We received some really amazing training and it was fabulous. It's so crazy to me that I was here in Italy for the last Christmas Zone Conference. Yup, coming up on the year mark of me being in Italy. Permission to be nauseous? Yipes! It really makes me think a lot about where I was last year, the kinds of things that I was experiencing, my attitude, and the missionary that I want to be now and in the future. Lots of reflection I suppose. What's that about, right? We have been doing a grundle of inactive work. It is amazing how much I have been learning as we work with these amazing people who for one reason or another are keeping themselves from enjoying the full blessings of the gospel. In so many ways it has reconfirmed my testimony and reminded me of how important it is to be always strengthening my testimony of the gospel. I've seen the choices that some of these people have made and there have been several times that I've thougth to myself, "I could see myself making that decision...like 2 years ago." I don't really know how to express this and I hope it comes out appropriately but I just feel very grateful for this time as a missionary. I'm not the most amazing missionary...negative. But I have seen things, met people, and watched things happen that have forever changed the way that I see the role that the gospel should have in our lives. Did you guys know that this is THE restored gospel of Jesus Christ? Have I told you that lately? It is THE only church that has the fullness of the gospel. It is THE only church that makes it possible for us to live with our families forever. It is THE only church that has the correct ordinances and covenants required to make progress and live again with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. We can have the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost---here, In this church. Through the atoning sacrifice of Jesus Christ, we can be made clean every Sunday when worthily partaking of the sacrament. We know how to communicate with God. We have scriptures that teach us Oodles! Man I love reading the scriptures and having that wonderful reassuring feeling that it's all true. THIS church has the authority from God. Living the principles of the gospel in THIS church make us truly happy. THIS is the church of our Savior Jesus Christ. No trial, person, or argument will ever change that. It is the hardest thing to go to peoples homes, amazing people who have for one reason or another decided to do without the gospel, and you can see in their eyes that they miss it. That they long for it. Please always go to church no matter what trial that jerkface satan puts in your path. Please always say your prayers even if satan tries to make you think that you're not worthy to or that God doesn't care. Please live the gospel. You cannot replace the joy that comes from truly living and being obedient to the gospel. Well the guy at the internet point said that I only have a couple of minutes so I gots to go. I'll write more next week. I hope that you're all doing so great. I hope that you're loving the Christmas season. This city is really beautiful at Christmas time. There are christmas light hanging between the cute little Italian streets and they put up a massive christmas tree in front of this big catholic church that kind of looks like a UFO. I'll send pictures. It's a doozey. By-the-by HOW is it possible that Italy, that is known for some killer art, is kind of...creatively challenged? I'll tell you what they have this amazing beautiful tree and the lights look hilariously lame. I kind of want to offer to help but...we kind of have other things to do ya know? I'll try to send pictures some time when it's lit up. It kind of makes me laugh inside everytime. Thank goodness for little moments like that eh? I appreciate them existing in my life. That's for darn skippy! Any whoodle, gots to scadaddle! Happy December 9th.,..slash...the days that follow! So...awkward...ha ha LOVES YA, Sorella Hansen

No comments: