Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mothers day, Getting stalked, Zone Conference‏

Don't even know what this is exactly, but it reminded me of the Arc de Triumph in Paris so ... aka I love it!
Me and my 1st comp. Sorella Chevalier
If you look closely in the background you'll see something rare and hard to find..oh..yep... RUINS!

This is the golden plate that our English student Mohammad gave me... it's hanging in our bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Happy mothers day to all of my family and friends who are, in fact, mamas!! Congrats on that! Mothers day is particularly enjoyable for us missionaries because we get to call home! It was a joyous day indeed! I was a happy lass! Although the time goes all too fast. It was so fun to hear their voices and talk for a bit. I only get to talk to them one more time and then I'm Homeward Bound. (Hey, isn't that also the name of that one animal movie where the dogs and cat get lost and fall down a waterfall or something. Wow, movies from my youth flashback. Yipers!) Anywho, I wrote a long beautiful e-mail and then it got deleted because my e-mail account has something vile against me. I'm trying to remain calm but just know that the e-mail that I previously wrote was brilliant!! So here is a story to get your hearts a-pumpin:Yesterday my companion and I were waiting at this bus stop by a grocery store because we were on our way to teach a girl English at her house. Well, while we were waiting I saw this car pulling in to the grocery store really slowly and the driver was looking in our direction so I tried to be a pleasant little missionary and smile and nodded. He continued to pull into the grocery store parking lot slowly---continuing to look at me (my companion had no idea any of this was happening) and I just tried to talk to her like no big deal and we were talking about our lesson for English class. Meanwhile this man pulls into a parking spot backwards and just keeps his car running. I was kinda freaked but just trying to play it cool and pretend like I didn't notice so that my companion wouldn't flip. So finally the bus came and I hurried and got on and thought the whole thing was over. I walked to the middle of the bus and looked back to see if the man had gotten out of his car to get groceries but ...negative, he actually pulled out of the parking spot, still watching us, and it appeared had every intention of following us! WHAT?! So I start going through my mind the different books I've read and movies that I've seen and am trying to come up with some clever escape. I informed my companion that we were being followed and since our bus stop was approaching I just decided to call our district leader and make him stay on the phone with me. So we got off the bus and I was talking to Anziano Pittson and I was right--this man had followed directly behind our bus the whole way and when we got off he drove slowly behind us. Uh....yeah, I was freaked. So since the street was a pretty fast moving street, I found some places that we could cross that would make it difficult for him to follow us (all the while talking to our District leader on the phone) and eventually we lost him. But my oh my it was quite the fright! End of the day it was a rare experience. I mean, how many people can say they've been followed by a 210% creeper on the Island of Sardegna? Perhaps not many.Also we had Zone Conference this last Thursday and it was great. President Acerson is the best! I just constantly write down everything that comes out of his mouth because he's amazin'. And another perk of zone conference is a little diddy that I like to call....POSTA! Yup, Mail! I love getting mail. Thanks for the letters guys. I'll be writing you back on the double! But until you receive them, just know that I wuv you very berry much and hope you're all healthy, happy, and not being followed by creepers. The church is true. Italian Kisses! Sorella Hansen

No comments: