Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sister scambi, Finding Susan, 6 Numbers‏

Scratch marks for how many days they had to stay there. Count of Monte Cristo anybody?
P.S. I don't remember where I was for this picture... just that I had to donate like 10 cents to go in. Wherever it was, somebody was in there for a while.
P.S.S. I'm the worst tourist ever.
.... and MORE ruins ... "Singing in the Rain" style.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My marvelous fam and pals~ As always this week was full of fun surprises, learning experiences, and other joyous things! I got to go on my first scambi! I was actually so excited! (A scambi is just a companion exchange). So the two sisters that are serving in the north of the island came down for district conference and I got to be companions with Sorella Chevalier (my trainer) for like 12 hours and Sorella Hughes (from my MTC district) for another 12 hours. It was great actually! I've kind of felt jipped that the sisters don't really do scambi's because they're such a great opportunity to learn from other missionaries. So anywhoodle it was great. With Sorella Hughes we went to do house in this area that my companion and I feel like there's a future member--for certain! I'm glad that I was with Sorella Hughes because she killed it! Holy smokes, she's so great at doing house. I will be honest and tell you that house is not one of my strengths...at all. So Sorella Hughes was great to learn from. She told me that she tries to just start teaching from the moment that they open the door. She has this philosophy that if you ASK them if you can share a message, they say 'no'. So right when they open the door, she just starts teaching. She's so bold! Many times after a door would slam in our face or someone would say or do something ridiculous we just looked at each other and wished we had it on film to show our family and friends. ha ha It's unreal sometimes. We were talking about how much we've both changed since the MTC. We used to work out together and talk about how cool it was going to be to be REAL missionaries and not just pretending to be missionaries in the MTC. It's so cool so see the great missionary that she's turned into. Then we did a little Zone singing!! Woot Woot! I love zone singing actually! It was the first time that I've done zone singing here in Cagliari and it's WAY different then Rome. In Rome, there's people that will stop sporadically and listen, and then you go talk to them. Well this night, they weren't really stopping. One of our Zone Leaders, Anziano Brewster was just kind of following people and chasing people down to talk to them. I was trying not to die laughing because I was not prepared for such lengths! ha ha But Anziano Brewster talked to us before zone singing and told us to all make a goal of how many people we wanted to talk to and I was thinking, like 5 or 6, because we had the whole zone with us and somebody has to always be singing in the choir right? Well then Anziano Brewster said, "How about we all talk to 10 people." Whoa. I was startled but was game. So it went super well actually. I ended up getting 6 phone numbers! I was so excited! That's like more phone numbers then I've received since I've been in Cagliari and somehow they found their way into my planner and I just felt like I got slapped in the face with blessings and don't know how it happened! Yet, I will not complain. I've been flipping through our area book at lunch time and stuff and there are some investigators from a couple of years back that seem great but our record of them doesn't say why we stopped seeing them. One lady in particular was really bothering me that her record wasn't updated and I just really wanted to know what happened to her. It has been quite the search but we found her and actually met with her yesterday. It was so cool because after talking to her for like 10 minutes I just knew that she needs us. It's clear. So I'm really excited to work with her and help her because she's wonderful and because we have what she needs. Punto. In other news, I have officially decided that I have no future as a park ranger. I've never really considered it, but it's official, it's not happening. 1. bugs find me irresistibly delicious, and 2. it seems that any leafy plant with in a 15 foot radius of me just completely rubs me the wrong way! It's awkward. OH! For district conference this weekend President Acerson came because he had to speak and therefore he brought the love of my life: Mail!! I had a package and all of the elders just flocked around and offered the assistance of their pocket knives because they were THAT excited about seeing what was inside. Needless to say, the Peanut Butter M&M's were satisfying for them and we had the usual discussion about why there's no peanut butter in Europe . Ah yes, the excitement as a missionary on an island. ...peanut butter M&M's. ha ha I'm just saying, those of you who write me and tell me your lives are boring...not true. :) Well, I hope everything's going SO well for every one of you and hope you guys know that Sista Hansen loves you guys and hopes you're blissfully happy! As always, there's Italian love gettin' shipped in your direction, Sorella Mally

No comments: