Thursday, August 6, 2009

House with the Mission Presidents wife, Teaching flying lessons...

There are advertisements for this everywhere!
Robin Hood: the Musical. Between the facts that 1, I adore Robin Hood and 2 THAT man is not hard to look at... I would see it!


The Sisters on the island!
Sorella Bjarnson (my comp), Sorella Hughes (in my MTC district), Sorella Chevalier (my trainer) and me.

So... there's like a whole genealogy thing to missions. Because Sorella Chevalier trained me, she's my mom, and the 'senior' sister in the district is the "mom" of any new missionaries in the district. So these are my 'posterity'.
Sorella Chavalier (my mom)
Me
Anziano Pace (left) = my son!
Anziano Tonuitti = my 1/2 brother (he's a new Italian missionary in Sassar in Sorella Chevalier's district
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, this week was a whole lot of jumbled lovableness!Lets start off with the fact that we had Zone Conference that was wonderful! And wouldn't you know it, along with all the spiritual enlightening goods comes my favorite little side dish of tangible love! Yup, mail. :) Thanks you guys for writing. I love hearing how you're doing.We had something special right after Zone Conference. We had a "Sisters Conference" where the sisters from the zone stayed after and we had a meeting with Sorella Acerson (the mission presidents wife) and then we went out to gelato and went to a wharf and took some pictures and talked. It was so fun and so refreshing. I'm so used to being around Elders but it was nothing but good times with Sorella Acerson, Watson, and Millis (both from my MTC district) and my companion. Who knew that I missed girl time? not I! But alas...Then Sister Acerson was going to be on the island the next day and asked if we wanted her to come to any of our appointments with us. Er....lesson in the presence of a member...aka Mission Presidents wife. CHECK! The only stinky part is our investigator stood us up. I was a bit frazzled about it. I mean, I've been out for a while. It's not the first time that I've been stood up. But I just feel super bad when we take the effort to get a member there and THEN we get stood up. I just felt bad for her. Anyway, so what did we do? We had planned to go to a referral and do house in that zone and Sister Acerson wanted to come with us! ha ha So ....we did house with the mission Presidents wife. Can you even imagine? It makes me laugh because it's like she doesn't acknowledge or see how that would be intimidating for us. She just thinks she's a regular person--and she is but...come on! It was a lot of fun. She asked us questions after each door. We got in to one door and talked to a lady that was pretty closed. She'd spoken to missionaries in the past but doesn't believe in a life after this one. It was just so cool to be able to bear testimony to her. I feel like underneath her closed front that she puts up, that she really will reflect on our words and the feelings that she had. And Sorella Acerson is a champ. She's not fluent in the language but she still tries and it was really an example to me. Sometimes she would have us translate for her but other times she'd just do the best she could and the lady totally understood her. It was a really great experience. House with the mission President's wife? Check! Didn't think it would happen, yet, consider it done!Also, the guy that I talked about last week-Walter-is now our investigator! Woot woot! He's actually just so wonderful I can't even believe it. He didn't come to church on Sunday :( but I saw him that night at Mostra, and he came to English class last night. We saw that we'd missed a call this morning. It was Walter. My companion called him and he said that he just squilloed to tell us that he was reading the Book of Mormon. How wonderful is this guy? We taught him the restoration with two members and we watched the restoration and he loved it! He gave the most beautiful analogy that I just really wanted to share with you guys. I've spoken with him several times and I've noticed that he likes to use analogies too. I've learned to start talking to him with analogies of my own and it works great. Well, during the lesson he was expressing certain hesitancy's but he said something gorgeous. He said he feels like he's standing on the edge of a cliff and he sees us--and we're flying. He wants to jump and do it too, but he's just scared. It was seriously the most beautiful thing because the way that he says it shows that he sees that we're different-in a good way. I loved it. I'm excited for him to learn to fly. :)In other news....guess who showed up to sacrament on Sunday?! Don't even worry about it, right in the middle of Sunday school, 5 young french champs filed into a row of chairs. I kind of wanted to sign out and call it day! Come on! I went up to them to try to speak French but it turns out one of them just got back from a mission in Provo so...we just spoke English. Well I can say this much...I still don't hate French. What a bust.Anyway, in case you've forgotten in anyway...the church is still true! It's wonderful. I feel so blessed to know the gospel. It's really amazing the many blessings that come from knowing who I am, that I have a purpose, and that I'm not alone in anything that I do. What a rad opportunity to share this with my adorable Italian family here in Sardegna. There really is so much joy to be found in life. I love it. Obviously there are going to be disappointments but there is always something to make us smile, laugh, love, and those are the moments that we need to let influence our days and outlook. I love you guys and am hoping you're all healthy, happy, and that you know that this Sista Missionary loves you baby! Italian love, Sorella Hansen




No comments: