Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Pisa, Special Fasts, Finding work!‏

This is Ariel, He's the elder's investigator. He came with our district to a Naval museum. The museum was kind of a bust but the company was a solid good time!

Sorella Skabelund, Sorella Hansen
*****************************************

Well BUON to the GIORNO!!Pisa proved to be a romping success. We had a splendid time admiring the leaning tower and taking the classic embarrassing pictures of how we're leaning on it and holding it up. Ah the stupid things that we do for an entirely unoriginal picture. ha ha Whatever. I still walk away lovin my life so...no complaints. In other news the scarf scene was a complete letdown. I was so excited to drop like 50 yen on scarves but the lady wouldn't even bargain with me. What is that?! So, I kept my dignity and walked away with a little drawing of Pinocchio. Please judge me. ha ha Well this week did not fail to bring the crazy unpredictability's as every week. We purposely didn't set very many appointments so that we could find more people. We even did a special fast so that we can find more people to teach who will keep their commitments and progress. Testimony of fasting? Check! We found an investigator that day named Davide doing some survey! He's pretty rad. We left him a pamphlet the first time, set up a return appointment and met with him the very next day and taught him about the restoration. It was cool. Apparently many years ago the missionaries used to go to his family's house and teach his mom. We're all over that!Then on Monday Sorella Skabelund and I had about a half an hour before our appointment with the Acevedo clan. I was like, "Hey we haven't done house yet today. We gots a goal to do house everyday." So we decided to knock the palazzo right across the street from the Acevedo family. The very FIRST citofono (Err...don't know how to say that in English. It's like...let's just call it the 'doorbell', to make things simple) a man answered and buzzed us into the building! We talked to him at his door for like 10 minutes and got his phone number and taught him a bit about the church. Bizangin'? Yeah, you could say so!We got another last minute phone call this week asking for a musical number in church. So...we threw together an ol' piano duet. I'd played it before the mission with my sister so I already knew it. It wasn't perfect but I think it was still pretty and was fun I suppose.Well things are going forward. There is still lots to do but I have found that as I set honest goals that I have been able to make improvements and seen huge blessings. Heavenly Father is helping me with the language and to become a better missionary. Of course...He's also showing me plenty of things that I need to improve. Thankfully it's a nice balance. :)President stopped by ol' La Spezia yesterday to interview us. It was a good interview. And I didn't not put up a fight about the fact that he brought love in physical form! Yup, Mail! It was so great to hear from you guys. I'll be writing you back on the double. Keep reading your scriptorials. I find out every morning that they're STILL true. Crazy right? Keep saying those prayers because Heavenly Father listens to ya and loves hearing from you more than I do...and that's a lot!! Go to church. Yup, all three hours. There's nothing better you could do with your time AND you get a nice dose of blessings for your attendance so...yeah. I'm grateful to the max for the things that I'm learning out here. I know it's where I'm supposed to be and what I'm supposed to be doing. I love you guys a lot and hope that you're loving your lives. Love you more then Peppermint hot chocolate on a startlingly chilly day! Sorella Hansen



No comments: