Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The tower that leans, Building on ROCKS, Zone Conference‏

With my dear Sorella Chessman. This girl is nothing but a delight. Unfortunately, she got herself transfered off the island so... I see much less of her. :(

Beautiful Cagliari

P-Day: Walter took us to go see a casle and a beautiful view of Cagliari.

This is where I live / Preach the gospel!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey fellas!! I'm writing you this week from a jolly ol' town called Pisa. We decided to actually do something killer for P-day so we thought we'd give the ol' Leaning Tower a shot. I'm actually super stoked about it. I saw it about two years ago with a dear friend but...can't hurt to see it a second time right? Aaaand the fact that they sell pretty scarves and heartbreaking ties right in front of the tower is hardly a disappointment. I've started a nice collection. :) We had a really cool lesson with an inactive family this week. It's a single mother of two and they haven't been to church in like a month! And...we really want to help her daughter get baptized. :) So we went and saw them and we taught them that "Wise man built his house upon a rock" little diddy. We got the kids all in on the actions which kind of worked. Then they were kind of too A.D.D. for the whole song with actions. My heart went out to people with callings in the primary. I eventually resorted to desperate measures to get their attention and started awarding them imaginary points for good behavior. Ex. "Ten points for whoever does the actions the best!" "18 points if you can tell me what the wise man build his house on." Actually it got them to participate and I have not the slightest clue of why the imaginary point system was appealing though I did not find myself complaining! So we taught a lesson on how WE can build our house upon a rock. We talked about how even though one built his house on a rock, and the other on the sand...it still rained for both of them. I think sometimes we think that as long as we have our lives built on concrete things---on the teachings of the church, following the Savior---we think that we're good. But the rain still comes. We still have our trials and difficulties and hard things to deal with. BUT when we build our lives on things that are concrete, then we will be secure when the trials come and we won't worry about it. Anyway, I can't believe I just spent like 15 minutes of my internet time talking to you about that primary song. Take it for what it's worth! Even if it's not much. We had Zone Conference in Florence! Two beautiful things that I love about every transfer. Zone Conference where we get to learn crazy cool ways to improve our work and be better missionaries AND we get to see other missionaries that we know and see how much they've grown and changed. Sorella Hughes and Sorella Watson are in my zone. (They were both in my MTC district ) It was a pleasant moment indeed to see them and see what amazin' missionaries they've become. I can't believe it. In a lot of ways I still feel like a kid in the mission. It's cool to see the people that they've become. The mission changes people. It's pretty legit. Aka...amazing.Well I gots to be a-jetting. On the trainride home I tried to talk to an African man in french and...it was kind of an explosion in my face. ha ha It's like I hadn't ACTUALLY studied french for 6 years. What the?? So...I was surprised that I was able to make awkward small talk...though the little accent that I once had in french has now gone to the wolves! Whatever! At least I can get my point across in Italian. THAT is something that I will count my blessings for daily! ANYWHOODLE, I hope that everything is going fantabulous for you guys. Behave yourselves, get to church every Sunday, read those delightful scriptures that are--by-the-way---still true, and just enjoy your lives k?? Talk to ya more next week. Til then, Sorella Hansen

No comments: