Thursday, February 4, 2010

Homemade Pasta, a CHASE, Fasting for Referrals‏

Hey fellas! Sorry I really don't have a lot of time to write this week so it will be brief. This week has been good. A member taught us how to make homemade pasta which was a delight!! I was hardly complaining. On the contrary! It was a solid good time. and it wasn't even that difficult to make is the kicker. Why don't we all just make homemade pasta like the Italians? It was pretty good. I took plenty of notes so hopefully I'll be able to conjure up something that resembles pasta when I get home. I make no promises though. :)Well I got to go pick up my Permesso di Soggiorno this week. I have tried to explain this several times but the name of whatever it is in English has vanished from my mind. Oops? It's the document that makes it legal for me to live here. So we went on Thursday and waited in this lengthy line and my companion and I noticed someone in the line. Well...if I have to be honest we were playing a game that we were trying to guess where everyone in the line was from. ha ha racist? Hope not! Anyway we noticed someone who totally looked Italian. He was like 7 people behind us in line. He stumped us. So...me being the random person that I am, I suggested that we should guess what his name is, what he's doing here, etc. What is this guys story? (If you think this is 300% creepy, it really wasn't, but permission granted.) I just find myself fascinated with people sometimes. I just want to get the whole scuttle on who they are. I dunno. I can't explain it. Anyway, so we played this little game, I got my permesso, and then we left to take the bus. As we were waiting for the bus I was like, "Sorella, we need to talk to him about the church." She kind of laughed because I don't think she thought I was serious. She was like, "Well, if he gets out in time and takes the same bus, then we'll talk to him." So we got on the bus and he still hadn't come out of the building where we just were. I was panicking and was like, "Seriously Sorella we need to get off this bus." The bus pulled away!! I rang the bell to get off at the next stop and we were both kind of nervous because we didn't know what to say or do really. We got off at the next stop and ran back. ha ha I'm sure we were quite the sight. We got back to the building and he was still in line. My companion was like, "This is creepy." She wasn't really stoked about what we were doing. I really couldn't even explain it but the more I looked at that guy in line the more I felt the desire to talk to him about the gospel. So there we were standing there trying to think about what to say and then ...he came out! He walked on a different staircase and was going in the opposite direction. Nice. I just looked up at the sky and smiled and thought, "So this isn't going to be easy for us huh?" ha ha So we started walking after the guy. My companion was still saying things like, "this is creepy." And I was just like, "Dude, you go home in 2 weeks. You will never see this guy again. We're here to share the gospel. We are confident, happy people with something to say. What is creepy about that?!" So....we may or may not have run after this man and stopped him at his car to talk to him about the gospel. ha ha It was an adrenaline rush because I've never done anything to that extent. I remember thinking in my mind, "You know all of those "open your mouth" scriptures...well I'm gonna do just that but oh buddy somebody had better put some words in there because I've got nothing." And I dunno. It was really cool. He was totally nice and wasn't weirded out at all about the fact that we kind of chased him down to talk about the church. He originally told us that he isn't super religious but we were able to bear our testimonies to him and give him a pamphlet with our number on it. He was really great. I'm really glad that we took that leap. I'm so thankful for the faith that we were given to do that because I was a bit nervous but ...it was crazy cool. By-the-way, his name's Pablo. He's from Argentina and he's here to play rugby. I was way off. :)Last week my companion and I fasted and prayed over our ward list and decided on a family that we wanted to ask for a referral from. We went over to the family's house that we felt strongly to ask and presented the message. It went really well. They were really excited that they were an answer the missionaries prayers. And they're really excited to fast and pray for a referral. We're going back this week to see what they've come up with.Anyway, sorry this is a random, awkward letter but...why then is it different from anything else that I send home? Hummm....WELP! I really gots to skedaddle!! Thanks for your letters and love. You're in my prayers...even if they're in Italian...they still totally count! Read your scriptures. They'll kind of rock your socks...daily. Italian love from my heart to yours! Sorella Hansen

No comments: