Thursday, February 18, 2010

Milky white, Last minute talk, Praying about going under the water!!‏

Oh my stars. Let me just welcome you into a moment of my life that happened in our appointment with the Acevedo family. Out of nowhere Judy (the mom) looks at me and says, "Wow Sorella, sei troppo bianca. Sei come il latte!" Yup, she said, "Wow sister, you are too white. You're the color of milk!" haha Oh my dear it was just a moment that I thought, "WHEN do I get to go back to the island? At least I looked NOT like a dairy product when I lived there." Ah yes, good times...So this week has been nothing short of bizzanging. I love my new companion. We have only been together a week but it has been one of my favorites in the mission and I couldn't be more stoked about the time we'll have together. We get along really well and have so much in common it's frightening...and yet entirely enjoyable. We have set some really great goals and I'm so stoked about working hard and accomplishing them. We have been doing a lot of finding. We do a lot of bus, a lot of house, we've even stopped people on the street and it has just been so wonderful as far as that's concerned. I'm just so grateful that I get to be companions with her. We work really hard together but we have so much fun too. Many times we'll be laughing about something during lunch and just say, "What was president thinking?!" I hope I get to be with her for the rest of my mission because things are just going so good.On Saturday the branch president called me and asked me to give a talk the next day. That's the joy of serving in a small branch is they can (and do) just call ya last minute and ask you to give a inspiring jolly ol' talk. I think it went well. I totally conjugated something wrong in my talk and I knew it and I made a face...and the girls in the front row corrected me. It had potential to be embarrassing but...I just like to think of it as "Well, it shows that everybody was listening!" ha ha We had a great appointment last night with our girl Miriam. She's an amazing, strong woman who loves Jesus. We taught the plan of salvation with a couple from the branch. I think we emphasized the importance of being baptized in this life like 5 times. And in the end when we invited her to pray about being baptized on March 20th she understood and said that she'd pray. Not complaining!! It was a really cool lesson. The spirit was there. My companion did fabulous and the members were a great help. I love those appointments!Well I hope you all had a fabulous Valentines day. I think it goes without saying that my Valentines day was filled with...love of all mankind. Welp, have a splendid week and ...make good decisions. ha ha My advice is hardly inspired....but it comes from a good place. Love you tons. La Spezian love, Sorella Hansen

No comments: