Thursday, June 25, 2009

Referral from Salt Lake, Baptism disaster, Queen‏

The Goumba family! They're members that had us over pretty frequently. They're amazin'. My last night with them they made fried bananas. I was nervous but uh... socks rocked? Check!
Sorella Goumba, Marilena, Me, Sorella Chevalier, Stefano

Carmela and Giada! Yeah for investigators!
Carmela, Sorella Chevalier, Giada, Me
My dear lil' Italian comp. Sorella Barbiere. This was our first P-day together at the Vatican.

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*
Buongiorno from roasty toasty BEA-utiful Sardegna! Everything is going splendid. Every week has new fun surprises. This week we bought a special bus ticket to go like an hour away for an appointment. It was a referral from Salt Lake. We didn't really know what to expect but it ended up being amazing. It's a couple and their 6 year old son and they went to America for vacation a couple of weeks ago. I was like, "Er...why did you go to Utah?" ha ha And they went to a bunch of our national parks and they went to the Salt Lake Temple. I couldn't believe that they would even know what it was. But we'll meet with them again this week. They're an amazing family and I'm excited to keep working with them.OH MAN! There was a baptism on Sunday. It's one of the Elders investigators named Marco. So I had to play the piano for the baptism and I thought that that would suffice as my contribution to the baptism. Welp, as a missionary...you just get volunteered a lot and you have to be happy to do it. ha ha So...they asked me and my companion if we would sing a song. So we picked Abide With Me...but obviously in Italian and I kid you not....it was more then just a little of a let down. My companion, bless her heart, doesn't really like to sing. She's really quiet and her eyes were glued to her hymn book the whole time--though maybe it was better that way because I looked up at the audience every now and then and I just wanted to run for the gates! ha ha The Branch President and his wife were mouthing the words for us and some people had confused looks on their faces. ha ha Oh dear. I told Anziano Brewster (our zone leader who does musical theater) that perhaps he should be the designated musical number. ha ha Oh buddy is was a disaster. I kind of wish that I had it on film or something but at the same time I don't think I could make it through. It was wretched, but....the most important part is that ol' Marco got baptized and will get the Holy Ghost on Sunday. Let's just focus on that!We haven't been able to talk to Queen for a while. We call her and she doesn't answer. Last time we saw her she was having problems with one of her feet and she was waiting to hear about whether or not her husband can come out of jail. We just dropped by her house yesterday to see how she's doing and she's great. I guess we have to wait until July 7th to see if her husband can come out. But we got to meet a couple of her relatives that are all from Nigeria. It's fun. We have a bunch of people that are potentials but the tricky part is turning them into investigators. We'll figure it out though!Well today we hiked Devil's Saddle ....again because the Assistants are here and we wanted to do something as a district. ha ha We've hiked Devil's Saddle three times now. ha ha I actually really enjoy it but I also come home looking like a sweaty little mongrel. It's hardly my best look, but I'm getting over it! It is getting hot and toasty here in Sardegna. The slightest breeze is paradise though! Good thing this church is true eh? I usually talk to people on the buses about how hot it is and they say something like, "Oh, just wait until July and August." That doesn't do anything to make me feel better--espcially when their solution to the heat is to go to the beach. "Hey guys, I'm a sista missionary. We can't just go kick it and the beach."Welp, that's it for this week. I love you guys very much and pray for ya and hope that you're happy and doing well. Thanks for everything. You're wonderful. Vi voglio un sacco di bene! Sorella Mallory Hansen

No comments: