Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Transfers, Musical Number, Adelle‏

(Photo courtesy of Google images ;)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well Hi-dee-ho~We had transfer calls on Monday and, you guessed it....uh...I'm not going anywhere. :) I'm actually so glad that I'm not going anywhere. I'm really happy to be here in Cagliari and my companion is staying with me too. I have learned so, so much this last transfer. I hope I can be here for a long time.So I noticed something this week that I thought I'd share. It's just a random moment of my life but I enjoy it so here it goes. There's this one bus stop that we go to kind of often because it takes us to church. Well, when we're at this stop we usually have to wait for a while for the bus. ALMOST every time at some point during our wait, a little old Italian man on a rickety old bicycle will ride by and we'll say hi to him. It's not even that it's the same guy--it's a different old man every time--but every time I just kind of smile because I love it. It just seems like such an Italian moment doesn't it? It just makes me laugh and I enjoy it. It made me think of that one part in the Truman Show when Jim Carrey notices that certain people pass his house every day. I felt like I was on the Truman Show. Somebody knows that I love these adorable little Italian men on their bicycles and they magically get cued to pass me when I'm waiting at the bus stop. ha ha I love it.So there was a baptism this weekend. It's one of the investigators of the elders. His name's Giovanni. The zone leader, Anziano Brewster, asked me if I would play the piano while he sang for a musical number. He ended up wanting me to make the last verse a third higher and make a pretty little transition between verses. ha ha I think he misunderstood my capabilities with the piano but, of course, I told him yes and did my best. It was simple, but really pretty. He sang "Come Thou Fount" in Italian (obviously) with Anziano Pace. It was way pretty.AND we had an investigator at the baptism, Adelle! Oh my word I wish every one of you could meet this woman. She's just completely unreal. I pretty much die laughing every time I'm with her. She has the best personality. She's SO happy, has this wide-eyed innocence about her, just every thing's exciting. It's my favorite. She loved the baptism too. I was standing behind her as she was watching Giovanni get baptised and I saw her move her arm and she told me, with her eyes all lit up and big, that she got goosebumps. Ah man, she's great. THEN she came to church the next day! So I mistook her age last time I wrote. I think she's like 70 but she dresses so cute and just has the most adorable personality she just seems so young. But anyway, since it was the fifth Sunday of the month we had a combined meeting and the District President just mentioned modesty a little in his lesson. Afterwards I talked with Adelle and she asked me if she needed to take her earrings out and her rings off. ha ha She's adorable. And she's already a hit with the branch. How can you not love her though?AND to make things greater. I hope I told you the story about the man who offered us water because it was so hot. Well, we went back to see them this week and we brought a bottle of water with us to give to them and we wrote a little card that was just like, "Thanks for the water. One day you guys will be two of the Seventy". (I hope I wrote this story last week otherwise this will make little sense.) Anyway, they loved it and we got to talk to them a little bit more. Well, one of these men came to sacrament! Granted, he was a little late but he still came and talked to us and said 'hi'. His brother-in-law is a member in Milan. It was a great day.Well, every thing's going chipper. I'm learning a lot. I have so many things to work on and improve it's kind of ridiculous but little by little I can see the changes that are happening and the help that I'm receiving. I really do feel so blessed to have the opportunity to serve as a missionary. There are still days that I scratch my head as to why Heavenly Father wanted me to be a missionary but it's awesome. Thanks for all of your support, prayers, letters, and love. I love you all so very much and pray for you all the time. Be happy and take care.
Italian sister missionary love, (which is the best kind you know) Sorella Hansen

No comments: