Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Bye, bye to my other half, Rockin' tie, Drunkin' Sailor?‏

Buongiorno!! Come state?!? What a crazy sauce week it has been. Going to bed at midnight, waking up at 4:30--let's just say that accompanying my companion to Rome kinda threw off my whole 10:30-6:30 sleeping schedule. ha ha But it was quite the experience and I enjoyed it nonetheless. I love talking with the boat workers. They're always very pleasant. I'm really sad to see my dear Sorella Bjarnason go. Can I just tell you how awkward it is to be separated from someone that you've spent 4 and a half months of your life with? I have spent half of my time in Italy with that girl. It's crazy how different things are with her gone. I feel like someone split me from my Siamese twin. (What's more awkward, the fact that I just made that analogy or the fact that I don't know how to spell Siamese? Lemme know.) It's cool to look back at our time together and remember all of the hard times, but also all of the times that we laughed, and how much we grew together. I think we're both completely different missionaries then we were before. I hope that happens with all of my companions. My new companion is Sorella Nelson. She's is starting her 5th transfer. (Just for reference, I'm in my 7th.) She is from Seattle, Washington and is so excited to be serving here in on the Island. She has like 3 foot long hair. It completely blows my mind. Mine is getting longer but...yeah, hers is forever long. I don't know how she does it. We've set some really good goals together and I'm excited to see all that we're going to learn together and all great moments that we're going to come across. Well as for a little Walter update. Sorella Bjarnason called him last Wednesday to give him a last reading assignment from the scriptures and he told her that he was on his way to his hometown. (It's a long slow train ride to the middle of the island.) It makes me laugh because he's so used to seeing us and so we think that because we left to Rome for like 3 days that he didn't know what to do so he went home. ha ha But the good news is I called him on my way back to see how his family was and everything and he said that everything's going to be okay! I was really worried that they're get really mad at him when he went home but he said that everything was fine and they're okay with him being a member! Woot woot! We had another appointment with Enrica on Saturday. Ah, I just adore that girl! We taught her the first half of the Plan of Salvation. She just completely intrigues me. I just love hearing her thoughts and opinions because she really thinks things out. I know that she'll become a member someday. I just think she's gonna take a little bit of work--which is okay. I adore her and don't mind doing the work that it takes to get her to the gospel where she'll be happy. So my companion and I have discovered a new fun game. She told me that she has a philosophy about people and how they have more than one age. They have the age that they actually are, and then the age that they act. One night after our appointment with Walter (where at the bus stop, he started dancing like Michael Jackson and singing Thriller) she said that she thinks Walter is "32 going on 23". He's actually 32 but acts like a 23 year-old. I can only agree. I've thought the same thing, just not necessarily phrased in that way. I asked my companion what she is. She said that she's "22 going on 60 ...going on 3." Obviously I don't know her very well but I will let you know if that holds true. So then I asked for her evaluation on me. She said that I'm very elegant, sweet, and loving. But she also said that my way of speaking and my dry humor is something else entirely. So her analysis of me is that I'm "22 going on Princess Diana, going on Drunken sailor." ha ha So...make of that what you will! Consider that our first companionship inventory. ha ha We have finished teaching Walter all of the lessons. And we also went through the baptismal questions with him again. He's ready. It's seriously the coolest thing. He really knows that it's true. He really understands the doctrine. It's the coolest thing in the world. ALSO, and sound the alarm because this news is dare I say, massive!....Okay so here it goes: Walter wore a shirt and tie on Sunday!!! I'm not even playing! He kind of whined about it the whole day and how it's uncomfortable but...I think deep down he loved it. :) We have his official baptismal interview this Saturday and then NEXT Saturday is the big day. I am so, so excited. Welp, everything's going well. There is really a lot of work to be done here in Cagliari but it can be done-obviously with the help of the lord. :) We were talking in our weekly meeting about how we've changed since we received our mission call, and since we left the MTC, and to where we are at this point. It's crazy all of the things that have happened since then. I feel like I've lived 5 years in 1. I can't imagine my life without this experience though--without these people. I really do need to be here. I love you guys! (Just in case you didn't know, it's factual!) There is a grundle of delicious, sweaty, lovable, Italian, sista missionary love, bubble wrapped and sealed with a kiss (the appropriate kind obviously....) headed your way. Aka Vi voglio bene! Say your prayers, read your scriptures, and ....I dunno, try to picture me more like Princess Diana then as a drunken sailor. That'd be great. Kisses! Sorella Hansen

No comments: