Saturday, April 18, 2009

Little Women?, Susi, Little red bugs‏

Me and my companion Sorella Chevalier at the Pantheon.
At the Pantheon. I was trying to get a cool pic of the whole in the top - here you go. :)
I guess I think I'm artsy or something. ha ha

So... this was back at the MTC.
This is a girl from Stake Mission prep - Amy Montano.

Nativity Scene in the Vatican City. It was WAY cool.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My dear fam and friendlies~
What a week. I know I say that every week and...look forward to another good...I dunno... year of me saying that. ha ha I've felt a few more earthquakes this week but they haven't been too bad. One of the companionships from L'Aquila have come to our district and one of them is a little greenie-four weeks into the mission. Poor lil' guy. He's a rock though. Oh, random moment from this week: So we try to go like once a week to visit Rosita and Nadia. I've talked about them before I'm sure but just as a reminder. Rosita is a recent convert that we're teaching the follow-up lessons to and Nadia is 89, not a member, but Rosita lives with her around the clock and takes care of her. WELL, Nadia is hysterically funny and I actually bust up at random things she says because she so hilarious. When she was younger she toured like...the world singing. (wow that was profound Mal) She sang opera. Well apparently she hasn't sung in a really long time. Rosita asked me and my companion if we played the piano. She has this rickety, but beautiful old piano that they wanted us to play. I had my tiny pocket-sized hymn book but I went and played a little bit. Since Nadia isn't a member of the church she doesn't know our hymns so we had to find some common ground---Christmas Songs! So there we were, gathered around this old and terribly out of tune piano, singing Christmas songs all together. I truly felt like it was a moment out of "Little Women", though thankfully for my concentration Christian Bale wasn't there. ha ha It was good times. Oh! Also here's a little taste of our P-day last Wednesday. ha ha We were going to go see this famous bridge that is in an Italian chick-flick that my companion likes, but we both were kinda tired and wanted to write letters. So since it was such a beautiful day we thought, "you know what, we've got a pretty A-okay balcony, whaddaya say we pull our mattresses out there, get some sun, and just write letters?" Yup, we did indeed. However there are some teeny tiny little red bugs that were on the balcony. In my mind I didn't really care because they were so small so we just did it anyway. Well, my companion freaked out every now and then because these little bugs were getting on her mattress. I didn't really think it was a big deal because I was thinking, "Well come on, they're just gonna get right back off." Well....the next morning both of us woke up with tons of bites all over our legs. so we vacuumed our mattresses and all is well. Our investigator Susi that we haven't seen in FOREVER randomly came to English class with her sister and daughter Livia. I was completely amazed when I saw them. They're so great. Susi is so funny because she always asks me how the language is coming because I've been going to Susi's house from day 1. She's great. And it really is HUGE that we're able to go over to her house again. I don't know if I told you but the roommate that lives with her is Muslim and told Susi that she didn't want us going over there anymore. Well get this: Susi called us the day of General Conference for an appointment and actually CAME and then when we went over to Susi's house later for an appointment, I made a point of talking with the roommate a little bit to hopefully smooth things over and have a good relationship. Well, the roommate told me that she'd seen me around a couple of different places in Rome and one day went home to Susi and said, "Why don't you call those sisters to come over, I've been seeing them around." I was amazed. Coming from the lady who didn't want us there, she saw me around the city and SHE asked Susi when we were coming over again. All's I've got to say is....do miracles still happen? I'm gonna go with a yes! We have transfers on Monday and I'd like to say that I know what's going to happen but...negative. I have no clue what's gonna go down. Part of me sees me staying with my follow-up trainer for another transfer, but at the same time I wonder if I'm going to leave cities. I've never been one that handles surprises very well. Hey, this week I got a letter that had the comments of fam and friends from the blog and I just wanted to say..."GRAZIE MILLE". It was great to hear from you guys. It's ever so nice of you guys to follow these random letters of mine. Well, the church is as true as it gets. Being a missionary is great. I'm really learning so much and appreciating more and more what I have. We really are so lucky to have the church. I'm telling you, it's almost a visible thing-the difference that comes upon people when they're reading the scriptures and praying and coming to church--there's a visible happiness. It's awesome. Read your scriptures and know that there's a blond in Italy and loves you very berry much! Sorella Mallory Hansen

No comments: