Wednesday, April 1, 2009

English Class, Rubix Cube, Aquilino fam

Trevi Fountain! SO Beautiful!
Trevi again... what more can I say, it's B-E-A-utiful!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well hey hey hey kids~I hope that everybody is having a slammin' April-to-the-Fool's Day! I was gonna pull some prank about how President transferred me to a French speaking Island for a transfer because they needed me but...who am I kidding!?! ha ha Every zone conference we talk about new finding techniques and how we can start talking to people. Someone mentioned that they do rubix cubes and immediately everyone starts looking at them and they can ask people if they know how, etc, etc,. So, my companion and I went and dropped 50 cents on a rubix cube and learned from Anziani Herrick and Morris after English class. I'm catching on. I've almost got it but already it's been a success. In fact, an old guy from across the bus yelled (well...not yelled, but you know..) across the bus to talk to me about me doing the rubix cube and how I must be really smart because I can do it. ha ha (Little does he know...I cannot.) It's fun to think of new ways to talk to people and strike up conversation.We had Zone Singing on Sunday where our whole zone gets together and we sing hymns and when people stop to listen, we leave the line-up and go talk to them. It's fun. I really enjoy it actually. Sometimes it's funny when you start talking to people and out of nowhere in the conversation they say something like, "I'm really happy with my religion. You can't convert me." ha ha I just laugh and say 'okay.' and keep talking to them. Ah...I'm still working on the best response for statements like that. It's funny the things people say to us sometimes.We had another meal with the Aquilino family yesterday. ha ha Oh my stars you don't even know how much I wish we could get those meals filmed. They are so nuts and I enjoy every minute of it. Fratello Aquilino is 92 and is always singing the Italian anthem and other songs about Rome...that is...when he's not showing us his morning exercises and telling us what he eats (P.S. in case you wanted to know: squeeze a lemon in your water every morning and every other day eat 4 walnuts at lunch time.) This is the family that feeds us an usual amount of food---really, like no human being should EVER eat that much. My companion brought a sack in her back pack to put some of the food in when they left the room...but they didn't leave the room. ha ha Oh the Aquilino family. Truly the very best of times.English class was great last week! Our beginner class (which is usually like 2 people) had like 20 people in it! My companion and I are in the intermediate class. We have a member that teaches the intermediate class and we just 'help'. Right now he's teaching them "Your Song" by Elton John. He's not going to be here this week, so I'm going to have to come up with something for the class to do. My companion can communicate in English but...I don't know how well she'll be able to teach at this level. It'll be interesting. I'll say that much!We're kind of at a stand still with some of our investigators either because they're not keeping commitments or there are things holding them back. But it probably just means that we should work harder eh? Things are going great. The weather is brutality at it's best. haha Okay I exaggerate. It's just fickle. There we go. One day is cloudy and gloomy, then next moment it's SO hot and sweaty and ten minutes later it's pouring rain. Oh well. Just love it and keep going. I hope you're all doing crazy good! I wuv ya and am constantly shipping my Italian love in your direction. Church is still true...even on April Fool's day. Peace! Sorella Mallory Hansen

No comments: