Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Child birth, out with the coffee, Good-bye La Spezia‏

Hey guys!
What a week...as always. We had probably half of our lessons cancel on us--welcome to life as a missionary but the ones that we did have went really well. We went back to the members that we'd knocked into last week doing house. We had our first lesson with them where we taught the first lesson and her 11 year-old son Paolo was so excited and said, "Grazie mille" like 5 times when we gave him his own book of mormon. Yeah baby, that's how excited you're supposed to be when you learn this stuff! haha He's a great kid and it was really cool to see his reactions throughout the lesson. Afterward on the other hand...was the opposite of ideal. His mother, Sharon, who is 7 months pregnant with her second son randomly decided after the lesson to tell us all of the gorey details of our new investigator Paolo's birth. Not joking. She graphically took us through the two day journey of her labor and I don't think I have ever NOT wanted the gift of tongues more in my life. She talked to us for like 15 minutes and I felt like I was there. ha ha My companion and I looked at eachother after we left the appointment and I just apologized. "sorry, all I wanted to know is what she was going to name the baby." ha ha Miracles never cease, nor do the awkward moments of my mission.
We taught the Acevedo family last night and we were going to teach them the Word of Wisdom--straight forward, clear as can be. I was really surprised with the reaction quite honestly. There are some serious problems with the word of wisdom in that family and we invited them to set a date of when they would be completely done. Leo said from that moment, he would obey the word of wisdom 100 percent. We then said, "and we don't want any distractions from this goal so if you have anything against the word of wisdom in your house, let's throw it out now." ha ha I love moments like this is the mission because it can be thoroughly enjoyable being bold. So Judy goes, "Well I don't drink coffee but I have it here in the house for my friends that come over and like it." Well Leo says, "Nope Judy, we'd better throw it out." They DUMPED the coffee out into the garbage and then Leo goes, "And throw away the kettle that we make it in". ha ha So...they did. It felt so good to see them desiring to make changes because that is something that has not always been there.
Well we got transfer calls yesterday. President up and transfered me to Rome 3. I'm kind of relieved in the sense that I really feel that I have done everything that I could here in La Spezia. I've helped the people that need my help. So I'm glad that I have that closure. As far as going back to Rome...eh...I didn't see that coming. It should be great. I only have 6 weeks left in the mission and why not finish them in the City that my mission is named after right? It'll be interesting to have been born there and die there. My companion's name is Sorella Miles. She is from Washington I believe. I've only seen here at Transfer circle a couple of times but she seems nice. We'll do a great work. Anyway I love you guys tons. Enjoy your beautiful lives. Go to church. Read your scriptures. Love your lives and know that you are very berry loved. Italian Kisses,
Sorella Hansen

No comments: