Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Run-in with pin lady, France in Florence, New investigator!!‏

BUON to the GIORNO guys! I hope you all had a marvelous week in the homeland. I'll just take a couple of minutes to tell you about this last week here in the mish.So...as I mentioned my companion and I have been doing oodles of finding. It's pretty crazy, we see a lot of crazy stuff, but we always come home nice and tired and have the marvelous good feeling of knowing that you worked really hard that day to share the gospel. Also, I don't complain about the fact that all of this hard works makes me sleep like an infant. Oh man missionary work is the best sleeping pill in the world. Love it! ha ha So with all of this finding that we're doing we get all kinds of funny situations. One day this last week we were doing some house and ringing some citof's. A woman left the building as we were ringing the citofs. My companion started talking to her and the woman waiting until I finished talking on a citof so that she could talk to both of us. She was an older woman with a bright pink hat that had like 7 different pins in it. We told her who we were and what we were doing there. Half-way through she gave a grin like, "that's cute and all, but I've got news for you"...you know what one I'm talking about or have I just seen it a time or two? She then proceeds to give us this big marvelous speech that went a little something like this, "There's really nothing for you to do here. No one wants to hear what you have to say. We're ALL catholic. Or...there are some people who are Buddhist. OR....there are also some who are Jehovah's witness. And then there are some who are atheist. Therefore, you should just stop what you're doing because nobody cares." ha ha Good thing we know what we're doing here and we don't rely on the people on the streets to tell us if we're doing something worthwhile. Excuse me ma'am, we work for God. We're just trying to give you the opportunity to be happy out of your mind. If you don't want to take it, well I can't stop you, but nor will you stop us from giving the same opportunity to your friends. Ah, yes...gotta love house. :)We had Zone Conference in Florence yesterday and it was marvelous! Elder Paya came and spoke to us. He's a member of the seventy and...I didn't hate the fact that he's French. :) He was delightful and I learned so much. I love zone conferences because they're always such an amazing opportunity to see ways that I can improve and be more effective. I enjoyed this one especially because I didn't feel like I got bashed in the face with all of the things that I need to change, but Elder Paya taught and told missionary stories, and the spirit was able to tell us what we needed to change and apply. It was nice.We got a new investigator this week! His name's Daniele. He's so cool. I've seen him on the bus a couple of times since I've been in La Spezia and I got his number a couple of weeks ago and we finally were able to set an appointment and we taught him about the restoration. It was so rad. He has so many questions! I love questions! It means that he's thinking and pondering and searching. Those people are nothing but a joy to teach because they'll do the work to find their answers. Yeah, It was such a blessing to meet and teach him after all of the hard work that we've been doing. God is really blessing us. it is ever so clear and we are just so thankful for His help.Welp, that's all for this week. I hope you're all doing well. Go do some fun things with your beautiful families. Love your lives k? Everything is more beautiful and happy that way. You are very loved and blessed and don't ever forget it. All my love, Sorella Hansen

No comments: