Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Getting Robbed, Investigators Earning us Over, Found an Inactive!‏

Well the funny story of the week is only funny because ...I got robbed blind! ha ha Yes...THAT actually happened. I was just minding my own business returning from our slamming P-day in Pisa and WHAMY in the La Spezia train station some goon apparently thought it'd be a chipper to unzip my backpack and nab my wallet. It wasn't until we got to the bus stop that we noticed my backpack was unzipped. I panicked and felt completely violated but after filling out some papers with the police (all in Italian, which was fun) we just went to branch FHE and pretended it was all a bad dream. End of the day my companion and I are learning a lot about budgeting! We've been using her credit card and we make awkward comments to each other like we're a poor newly-wed couple when we buy things. "Babe I don't think we can afford the expensive tuna this week." Ah man. Despite the fact that it had my credit cards, bus pass, permesso, I was more upset about the fact that they stole my cute H&M wallet that I bought in Rome. Come on buddy. At least leave the wallet! ha ha I don't know if I told you last week but we received some sweet revelation for the Acevedo family that has been working like a charm! We have struggled with them to make progress and act. Also it doesn't always seem like they appreciate our time when we're there for appointments SO we came up with this brilliant plan! We made them a poster for their fridge that has three columns: Come to church at 9 as a family, read a chapter of the BOM as a family, and pray together as a family. They get a sticker on their poster every time they do one of these things. They get 3 stickers if they all come to church! (we really wanted to emphasize that one.) So basically we won't go to their house for appointments until they earn 5 stickers. Isn't this a fun game?! So this way THEY decide how often we see them. We could come twice a week or once every two weeks--just all depending on them and their commitment keeping. And...it must have done something because they were ALL in church on Sunday--the first time this whole transfer. So we're loving that. We just call them every night to see how they're doing and ask if they got any stickers.Our transfer of non-stop finding continues! This week the fun adventure is we were doing house and discovered an inactive member from Ecuador! She joined the church there, came here 13 years ago and only came once. She now has a son that's 11. She said, "Maybe God's telling me I should come back to church." We just smiled at her and nodded and said, "We agree." So we'll probably start teaching her son and we're hoping for good things there.Well I hope you all had a beautiful week. The sun has started to come out a little bit this week which I have hardly been complaining about. maybe I can get rid of this milky skin of mine. (Thanks Judy!!) Make good decisions, know that I love you like crazy, and...hold on to your wallets! Italian Kisses, Sorella Hansen

No comments: