Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Preaching the word of God, Josef, General Conf‏

Buon Giorno from Roma!
It has been a crazy week. It is always an interesting process readjusting to a new city, new companion, new members, new investigators, etc....but it's good times as well. I'm excited to get to know this place and these members. There are about 3 times as many members here in Rome 3 then there were in La Spezia. There were like a good 10 women in Relief society. Big deal!! It was a good week in La Spezia when we had 4.
One day this week when we were out doing some finding work a man from Nigeria stopped us and said, "Hey, are you preaching the word of God?" I just looked at him and smiled. "Yeah actually." ha ha He went on to talk about how he's looking for a church and so we got his number and set up an appointment when we can see him. His name is Kevin. ha ha It was kind of crazy. I've never had anyone use that approach before but...it was okay with me!
We have a cool investigator here named Josef. He's rad. He's from Ethiopia but he's been here forevs. He's like 70 or something. He's really intelligent and it was really fun teaching him. He has a lot of questions and you can tell that he really thinks about this stuff and has sincere questions. We had a member there that was a huge help and just bore his testimony any time that he saw the opportunity. It was crazy cool. We're hoping that he'll come to General Conference. He sounded like he was interested.
I'm still trying to adjust to being here. It's been weird. I know that it's normal but...it's just awkward. Sorella Dalia wrote me from La Spezia and updated me on everyone there. She said that the Acevedo family is really progressing and that the members were sad that I left. It was really sad because the week that I left, that just happened to be the week that all of the members went to the temple in Switzerland. So I didn't get to see or talk to any of them. That was kind of hard. Anyway, I'm really learning a lot and am so excited for general conference. I hope you're all planning on going into General Conference with a question. I know I have like 80 questions but I truly know that the prophet and twelve apostles are inspired and as we take our concerns and questions to the Lord that He will use them to communicate to us the things that we need to know. I am ever so grateful for the gospel and my Savior that have helped me everyday throughout the mission. I hope you guys are all healthy and happy. I love you tons and tons. Italian kisses,
Sorella Hansen

No comments: